Athletes who will enhance the competitiveness of the races, and the profile of the event are invited to apply for elite assistance.
GENERAL SELECTION CRITERIA
Athletes will be selected according to:
- Ability to enhance the competitiveness of the event (based on their race CV)
- Social media following and use of social media
- Being approachable and available to their fans during event week
- Willingness of your sponsors (if sponsored) to help promote your participation in the event and share Kosci social media relevant to your performance
- If your sponsors are bringing a media crew (i.e photographer / video) to cover your performance and the event
- Relationships with existing national and/or international media
Athletes will be requested to:
- Participate in the nominated event to the best of their abilities
- Be available for race social media – i.e. photos and interviews
- Take part in the race week activities including Athlete Panel, athlete activations, presentations etc
- Write a race report via an athlete blog, or social media page and tag Ultra-Trail Kosciuszko
- Engage with race staff and fellow participants in a friendly and respectful manner and demonstrate good sportsmanship throughout the event
- Tag Ultra-Trail Kosciuszko in all race related social media posts
UTMB ELITE POLICY GUIDELINES
The UTMB World Series has a criteria guidelines for elite runners who qualify for assistance. The table below refers to the UTMB Index required by a runner entering in a race falling under a certain distance. Runners who have an index below the index numbers can still apply for elite assistance, and entries are allocated at the discretion of the event team.
Transport and Accommodation assistance is on a case by case basis at the discretion of the event team.